Life can be crazy, and let’s face it: life keeps us on our toes. But, just because life is crazy, that doesn’t mean you have to be. Self-care is a huge buzzword these days, and for good reason. For one reason or another, we need to be reminded to take care of ourselves–and we don’t just mean in the super stressful situations, but the everyday moments of life, too. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how much we want to care for the world, or for others, if we can’t take care of ourselves. If you need a couple of suggestions for day and night self-care routines, you have come to the right place. Keep reading for thoughts and ideas on how to improve your daily routines for the better.
Day Time Routine:
- When you wake up, try not to reach for your phone first thing. Whether you take out a journal and jot down a few thoughts, or just lay with your eyes closed and think about your day, preserving those first morning moments for yourself before surrendering to a barrage of news, social media, and texts and emails can be really life-giving for your day.
- Start off your morning routine with a big glass of water. Come on now–how many of us are actually as hydrated as we should be? You can leave a water bottle on your nightstand or your bathroom counter to make that your first check off the to-do list for the day… or at least, you can sip on it as you make your way to making a cup of coffee, right?
- Do some morning meditations. Whether you slip out of bed onto a yoga mat or just sit up in bed, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths before you go anywhere or do anything. Clear your mind and prepare for your day by getting your head in the right space. Meditation can help reduce blood pressure, symptoms of anxiety and depression, and so much more. It doesn’t have to be a huge commitment, either! You can even download an app or two that will lead you through meditations that only take a few minutes. But, believe us: those few minutes can make a huge difference.
- Plan ahead. Let’s face it: not all of us are morning people, and that can make mornings pretty dang hectic when push comes to shove. If you are used to this, make it easy on yourself by laying out your outfit ahead of time, or packing your lunch early, so you have two less decisions to make in the morning. Believe us, those two less decisions can make a huge difference.
- Eat breakfast. We don’t know about you, but one of the first things to go for us when we’re busy is eating breakfast. However, skipping the most important meal of the day may accidentally screw over the other most important parts of your day, believe it or not. Eating breakfast can get your metabolism moving, help give you endurance and energy throughout the day, and temper your snacking habits throughout the day. If you like eating breakfast but find you run out of time, stock up on protein bars, prepare fruit ahead of time or hard boil some eggs, so you have easy access to good breakfast options as you rush out the door.
- Take vitamins and supplements. You don’t have to wait until you are old to integrate vitamins and supplements into your day by day life. Instead, start now and reap the benefits sooner–obviously, we recommend taking a few of our Full Spectrum CBD Gummies to help regulate your nervous system, promote calmness, and cut stress and anxiety in your life. What is more self-caring than that?
Okay, now you know how to practice self-care to make it through your day. You’re ready for a night time routine. What now?
Night Time Routine:
- Get enough sleep. You’ve seen this one before, but there’s a reason it’s everywhere–getting enough sleep is crucial for functioning well at the end of the day. Something as simple as adjusting your bedtime could make a huge difference. If you’re curious, download a sleep cycle tracker app or use the one preloaded on your phone to learn how you could improve your sleep quality.
- Give yourself time to wind down. We know, just oneeeee more episode of The Office before bed won’t hurt, right? Well, it might. Giving your eyes and your mind time to wind down from electronics may help improve your quality of sleep significantly, so instead of falling asleep to the TV, try turning off electronics and putting them away an hour before you go to bed. In the meantime, take a bath, read a book, or journal some thoughts before you turn out the light.
- Try some light stretching before you go to bed. Let’s face it, the days are crazy, and you may be carrying around more tension from the day than you realize. Before you go to bed, turn on some soft music and do some simple stretches to get your body ready to relax and sleep.
- Enhance your skincare routine. Whether you know it or not, how you care for your skin can play a huge part in self-care. Whether you’re a simple lotion kind of guy or love a sparkly bath bomb, taking a few moments before or after brushing your teeth to pamper yourself can be an excellent way to show yourself care. If you’re looking for an extra kick or a deeper relaxation, try mixing some of our Full Spectrum CBD Tincture into your favorite lotion and applying it to a sore shoulder or knee–it should help hydrate your skin and bring some sweet relief.
Well, we hope you enjoy these self-care tips and feel motivated to make some positive changes in your day time and night time routines. Whatever strategies you employ, we hope you feel happy and healthy in the days to come. Best wishes for your self-care adventures!