CBD Gummies are perfect for treating those Sunday Scaries. But what about the Stage Scaries? Can they help calm your panic before your Best Man speech, or your symptoms of anxiety before you give a big presentation to your boss? What about the speech where you present the thesis of your dissertation or your big part in the local theater production? Can CBD Gummies help with that? Well, we can’t write your Best Man speech for you, but we can help calm some of your nerves and give you laser-sharp focus as you get ready to absolutely kill it. Curious? Read on!
What is Stage Fright?
Stage Fright happens to the best of us, and sometimes it can sneak right up on you. As defined by the ADAA, or, the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, stage fright is a fear of public speaking or performance. This type of fear or anxiety can be a symptom of Social Anxiety Disorder. And if you are afraid of the stage, do not worry! You are not the only one. Some statistics say that up to 75% of Americans struggle with the fear of public speaking, and many of those people are seasoned professionals.
How Do I Know if I Have Stage Fright?
There are several different symptoms that may indicate stage fright. They may not all appear at once, or ever! Still, recognizing these factors in yourself may be a sign of stage fright.
+ Difficulty breathing or swallowing
+ Dry mouth
+ Shaking or tremors
+ Fumbling of words
These are just a few symptoms, and they are not uncommon. Stage fright is understandable, and social pressure often affects everyone, just in different ways. But do not worry! All hope is not lost. There are several steps you can take toward managing your stage fright and getting it under control.
What Can I Do About my Stage Fright Symptoms?
There are several strategies you can consider for getting a handle on your stage fright. Some people find relief by using different types of medication. That can be a great option for some! For others, they may use relaxation or breathing techniques, or another alternative, natural treatments. As far as we’re concerned, our CBD Gummies are a great way to fight social anxiety disorder help relax your nervous system and your blood pressure so you can focus and deliver a great on-stage presence.
How do CBD Gummies Work?
Our CBD Gummies are an easy, portable way to make a huge difference in your anxiety levels, post-traumatic stress disorder, and panic disorder. CBD (short for cannabidiol) is a chemical compound from the marijuana plant that can help regulate your body’s systems and bring you relief. (As a note: CBD is completely different from effects of THC, another well-known chemical compound from the cannabis plant. Although they are similar in structure, they are different in use. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that people use to get high, where CBD is a non-psychoactive compound that cannot get you high.)
Our Gummies are made with Full Spectrum CBD, which means we include several different strains of cannabis compounds to ensure a wide range of benefits for our customers. (Don’t worry! Our products contain 0% THC — so even though we use several strains of Cannabis, THC is not one of them.)
How Long Should It Take to Notice a Difference?
Our Gummies contain 10MG of CBD each, and depending on the user, we recommend that customers take between 1-3 gummies at a time.
For the average user, depending on the dose, it may take 20-30 minutes to feel the full effect of the CBD gummies. However, many customers report feeling a difference within a few minutes of taking a few gummies.
What Else Can I Do to Manage My Stage Fright?
After you have taken your CBD Gummies, there are some other things you can do to help ward off the stage fright. Try any combination of these hacks for the best results, and remember, getting over stage fright is a process. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you can give yourself grace when it comes to growing in confidence. Be patient, keep your CBD Gummies close, and give some of these tactics a try.
A couple of days before:
- Practice! Take time to practice your speech, your lines, or whatever you are presenting several days beforehand. This will help you be comfortable with the content and give you a better idea of what it might be like to be on stage. If you want, you can practice in front of trusted friends or family members so they can give you tips to improve even more.
- Eat Good Food. We don’t just mean comfort food, nor do we mean carbo-loading like Michael Scott before the “Michael Scott’s Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure.” Eating healthy, nutritious meals will help fuel your body to be able to perform well on stage. Don’t forget to hydrate, too! (And no, the water you use to make your coffee doesn’t count.)
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Believe it or not, most of us don’t get nearly as much sleep as we need. Taking the night before (or a few nights before!) to get 6-8 hours of sleep will help set you up for success.
- Wear something that brings you confidence. When you look good, you feel good! Bring out that power suit or wear your favorite blouse on the day of your presentation or speech — being comfortable and confident will help you shake away the stage nerves.
- Relax! Take several deep breaths. Roll your shoulders, shake your hands and loosen up a bit. Bend at the knees and try and notice if you are holding tension in your body anywhere.
- Power Pose: Now, I know this may feel like you look funny, but studies have shown that power posing for two minutes before you go on stage, can do wonders for increasing your confidence and warding off any stage fright.
Remember: you can do this! With your CBD gummies by your side, nothing can stop you. We believe in you! Go get ‘em, tiger.